Unsure of score.
Both teams given a Win because the game was cancelled.
Actual score unknown.
July 11, 2018
Summary from Family Care’s perspective
After a three-week layoff due to weather, holidays, and forfeits, Family Care finally got back on the field against Humacyte on a sweltering Wednesday night at Field #2. Family Care started off hot, getting three runs on the first three at-bats of the game with a triple-triple-home run start. Every Family Care batter both got a hit and scored a run in a game that ended 15 to 0 after 4 innings.
To the highlights!
- Miranda had the best hit of the night, with a blistering line drive that managed to get past the short stop and center fielder to roll almost to the fence. If she hadn’t been so surprised when the first base coach told her to keep running to 2nd, she might’ve had a triple. She went 2-for-3 with 2 runs scored, 2 RBIs, and even played second base! Great game, Miranda!
- Greg and Travis both hit home runs, but Travis gets extra style points for skipping his off the fence before going over. Greg pitched a shutout and Travis scored 3 runs and had 3 RBIs. This ends the Greg and Travis portion of the article.
- Ryan went 3-for-4 with a “walk-off” hit to end the game and Mike hit a guy with the ball from 3rd Lauren got on base every at-bat and Ivy went 3-for-3 with 3 Runs and a double.
- I put the two Dan’s together in the lineup in a new strategy I’m trying out. This way, I figure we can start saying things like “Good job, Dans” and “The Dans are up next” more often. Seems like it should be an effective way to save time and energy for everyone. Both Dans went 2-for-3 tonight, so I think it worked out well.
- Rob went 3-for-3 and totally would’ve hit a homer for the cycle if he hadn’t ended the game on-deck when we scored the 15th If he homers in his first at-bat next week, we’ll call it the Rob-Cycle.
Game Ball: To Miranda! The best hit of the night, 2 runs, and 2 RBIs is plenty enough to take the prize!
Next Game: July 18 @ 5:50pm vs. Cisco.